Become a Wisconsin HRS Member
The Wisconsin House Rabbit Society has been devoted to saving rabbits and bettering their lives for
more than 25 years. To become a member, complete and submit the form below. Your membership
will become active once your dues are received; dues can be mailed to the address at the bottom of the
page or submitted online. Click here for questions on membership.
Why Join Wisconsin HRS
You will be supporting an organization that
- assists over ten humane societies around the state with their rabbit populations
- takes in homeless rabbits from Wisconsin and from around the country
- maintains an active fostering and adoption service for adoptable rabbits
- runs an exercise and socialization program for the rabbits at three Wisconsin shelters
- accepts rabbits with health problems that other rescues and shelters turn down
- holds educational events to teach the public about proper care of rabbits
- maintains an active webmail service for people with questions about their rabbits
- creates a quarterly E-newsletter filled with essential educational material about health and
behavior, as well as beautiful stories about Wisconsin rabbits, awesome artwork, and wonderful
photographs, all contributed by our members
- maintains a sanctuary/hospice for unadoptable rabbits
- administers a Facebook page about rabbits with over 900 participants
- holds regular “Hoppy Hours” to raise funds for core rescue (veterinary) expenses, provide the
rabbit companions of the public with an exercise and social event, and enable rabbit-loving
humans to get to know each other.
You may also join the National House Rabbit Society
To join the National HRS, please go to www.rabbit.org. Membership in the National HRS entitles you to
receive the print edition of National’s The House Rabbit Journal.
Wisconsin House Rabbit Society is an all-volunteer organization. Your membership dues will
go entirely to our rescued rabbits and to educating the public. Thank you!